Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Valentine's Roses

Hello, everyone! I apologize for not posting in months. I made some stuff during Xmas but completely forgot to post it. Will not happen again. I'm still getting used to having a crafting blog, so please bear with me.

Today I will be sharing how I painted these really cute wooden roses I found in my local Walmart.




Materials:
  • Wooden Roses (or any other wooden shape)
  • Acrylic Paint (I used Red, Pink and Silver)
  • Small Painting Brushes
  • Mod Podge
  • Glitter Glue (optional)
  • Loose Glitter (optional)
  • Self Adhesive Magnet Sheet (optional) 


  

  1. I started by painting the negative spaces inside the roses light pink.
  2. Then I painted the outer edges with the red paint.
  3. I thought the pink parts looked a bit plain, so with the brush I used for the red paint I spread the remainder of the red paint over the pink parts to add more dimension.
  4. I then painted the surrounding edges with the silver paint.
It'll end up looking somewhat like the image below. You can leave it just like this and give it a coat of Mod Podge to protect the paint and you're done. 




I wanted a bit more bling, so after I spread the Mod Podge I sprinkled some of the red loose glitter. I also added silver glitter glue to the edge I had previously painted silver; like so.





I'm going to use these as magnets for the fridge, so I added magnets to the back of these, but you can easily use these as ornaments by gluing a bit of ribbon to the back.

Here's a short video to show how glittery they look. 😉


Thank you for joining me once more, I promise to post more regularly.

Happy Valentine's Day!

~ Moon




No comments:

Post a Comment