Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Halloween Ornament Tutorial

Welcome to my crafting blog!

I will be sharing tutorials, templates, and other creative ideas.

We're going to start by recreating some ornaments I made two years ago for a Halloween Tree I put together (seen below).



You can make them into hanging ornaments or as I did this year; make them into magnets for the fridge (etc.)







I've made a slideshow tutorial you can watch on my YouTube channel.

You can find it HERE.


But here you'll find the written instructions as well as the templates so you can make these yourself.

We're going to make a witch's hat, a bat, a Jack O'Lantern, a full moon with two small bats and Frankenstein's monster.


Here are the materials needed:
  • Foam Sheets (Felt or cardboard could be used also)
  • Scissors (or an X-acto knife)
  • Hot Glue gun and glue sticks (or your Glue of preference)
  • Magnets stick-ons and /or ribbons (depending what kind of ornament you want to make)
  • Pencil, Pen or anything you can use to trace the cut-outs onto the foam sheets
  • Black marker (can be a Sharpie, or something similar)
  • Googly eyes




Let's begin...


1. First you need the templates. You can download the ones I made or you can free hand them like I did. I made these myself so please don't claim as your own, or redistribute them. If you want to share them with someone just redirect them to this blog, my FB page or my YouTube channel. Thank you.

You can find the the template for the cut-outs by clicking HERE.


2. Cut out the templates. You can use standard copy paper, you can also transfer them to card stock for a sturdier cut-out. Each ornament will be approx. between 1" and 2". You can make them bigger if you want to.

3. Trace them onto the foam sheet with a pencil, pen, even just a plain toothpick, etc. (If you're using glitter foam sheets you need to trace on the plain side). Also for some of the pieces you will need to make two; like the Jack O'Lantern's eyes for example.

4. Cut the pieces out with the scissors. The smaller parts (eyes, etc.) are much easier to cut with an X-acto knife.




5. Glue the pieces together like the pictures below. If you want to hang these; then instead of gluing the magnet in the back; you'll glue a small ribbon (as seen at the beginning of this post).











6. For the Frankenstein's monster; after gluing the eyes and the hair draw a little mouth and a small scar like so.




7. And that's it. Now you can decorate your room with these cute little Halloween Ornaments.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Feel free to let me know if you tried this. I'd love to see your own unique takes on this.

Please share this project with your friends and family and remember to follow me on FB and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more.
 

Until next time!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 🎃

~ Moon ~

No comments:

Post a Comment